With the latest release (version 2) of Brainiac now available we turn our sights towards the features we’re targeting to try and fit into version 3 of the software. But first, if you’re having a hard time finding the app in Google Play, simply search for “Brainiac launcher”.
With our release of version 2 of the software we focused on multiple screen resolutions and Android operating system versions 5 and above. All with a goal to widen the range of supported devices. Now with version 3 we’ll be focusing on adding some more utility and personalization features.
Supporting multiple Android operating system versions proved more challenging than advertised by Google. So many different weird things that had to be addressed. But with those now out of the way we’re looking to try and add the following features in the next revision:
- Relay Controller Arduino support
- Hide/Uninstall apps from the home screen app grid (no “re-arranging” yet)
- Setting to swap left/right side bezel gesture direction for “app switcher” and “back”
- Setting to swap media 2 finger gesture direction for “previous” and “next”.
- Global volume control (corner bezel gesture to launch the 2 finger volume control overlay)
- Music control on car Start/Stop (Accessory power off pauses media, Accessory power on un-pauses media)
Of course we have all sorts of other things we plan to bring to the software, but we’re trying to prioritize and group these into smaller manageable releases 🙂