1. MK1.7 Electronics.
The MK1.7 Electronics are for users who are looking for a simple plug and play solution for their vehicles.
The MK1.7 Electronics comes with a 2 channel 100 watt amplifier. It also has the MK1 Companion kit built in. These electronics do not come with hands free calling, Bluetooth, radio, or an equalizer to fine tune your sound. There are ways around this buy purchasing Bluetooth dongles with a mic for hands free calling or downloading apps from the Google Play Store for radio and audio tunning.
2. MK2 Electronics by Kenwood:
The MK2 Electronics by Kenwood is a single din Plug-and-Play head unit that gets tucked behind your Brainiac plastics for great audio, tablet charging and multiple Bluetooth device support. You control the MK2 Electronics by Kenwood from your tablet via the Kenwood Remote App. The MK2 Electronics does not come with the MK1 Companion.
The MK1 Companion Kit completes your MK2 Electronics by giving you the ability of using any USB accessories and keeping your tablet charged all at the same time. Unfortunately a tablet won't let you charge and use any USB accessories at the same time. This is when the MK1 companion kit comes to play. You can connect many different accessories like Apple CarPlay/Android Auto dongles, USB android reverse camera or simply plug in a USB drive to watch movies or listen to music.
The MK1 Companion kit is for owners who already have their own electronics (such as the MK2 Electronics) and would like to use additional USB accessories such as The CarLinkIt dongle for Apple CarPlay or Android Auto or using The EasyCap dongle to connect any Cameras.
NOTE: The Companion kit is not an amplifier and therefore will not power your speakers.
The MK1.7 Electronics contain everything you need to simply unplug your existing car stereo and plug in your Samsung Tablet.
What's in the box:
- MK1.7 Electronics installation wiring diagram
- 100W 2-channel amplifier
- Factory stereo harness plug(s)
- 1 X 3.5mm right angle headphone to RCA cable
- 4 X Port USB hub for accessories
- 1 X Tablet USB-C charge and data cable
- 1 X USB auxiliary charge port
- 1 X Electrical Noise Filter
1 X Ground Loop Isolator for headphone audio
1 X Remote amp signal wire
- 1 X Grounding Cable
- The MK1.7 Electronics support both BOSE and NON-BOSE equipped Infiniti models.
- Tablet is not included
Installing MK1.7 Electronics
The MK1.7 Electronics have been designed to be a plug-and-play kit for providing power, audio and USB accessory for your tablet installation.
Simply unplug your OEM stereo, and plug in the MK1.7 Electronics directly into your factory stereo harness.
BLACK FRIDAY SALE ON NOW!
NOTE: Brainiac MK2 plastics are designed for the non-navigation version of the Nissan 350Z.
The "Cubby" style navigation configuration will work with our plastics. These models have the same pick-up/connection points as the standard dashboard.
The MK2 350z kit includes everything you need to securely hold one of the following tablets in your dashboard for a sleek OEM like look:
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite 10.4" (2020/2022 Model P610,P615 / P613, P619)
- Lenovo Tab M10 HD (2nd Gen)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (2019 models T510, T515, T517)
What's in the box:
- 1 X Front magnetic tablet surround for a clean look
- 1 X Tablet cradle and support structure to hold your tablet securely in place
- Assembly Screws
- Zipties for Cables
- Plastics kit does not include stereo electronics.
- Passenger facing surfaces are painted and color matched to interior silver trim
- Tablet is not included
- For a quick visual reference to determine if you have the 02-05 or 06-08 style of dashboard please click here
We've been listening to lots of feedback and have now created a version that is painted with an interior trim color matched satin silver and produced as a Plastic Injection Molded face plate.
MK2 provides additional design updates complete with a sturdy magnetic face plate that allows for easy access to the tablet installed in your dashboard.
Installing Brainiac Plastics
We've pulled together a video to show the step-by-step process of installing the MK1 Brainiac plastics into your 350Z which is no more difficult than performing an aftermarket stereo installation.
The Brainiac MK2 plastics for the Nissan 350Z have been designed to securely hold the following tablets:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 6 Lite (2020/2022 Model P610,P615 / P613, P619)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (T510/T515/T517)
- Lenovo Tab M10 HD (2nd Gen) 10.1"
This tablet is not included in the kit.